If you like your smoothies and you also are very much into nutrition and health, much like our good selves, then here are some Superfoods which are perfect to add to your smoothies to give them a real nutritional punch. We all have our old favourites which we put into our smoothies, such as bananas, berries and spinach etc, but here are 10 Superfoods which can be added in small doses to enjoy and give your body a kick start whenever it needs it.
The information below is from the Greatist and you can read the full article if you click on the link left here for you:
10 Superfoods For Smoothies
- Hemp Seeds. Turn to these little seeds to give your smoothie a protein kick with extra perks. Instead of blending them in, sprinkle hemp seeds on top of your smoothie for a crunchy texture. Plus, the pretty white-green color will pop against your drink.
- Cacao. These powerhouse antioxidants have been shown to boost blood flow to the brain to help you feel more energized. Get the most of cacao’s rich chocolate flavor by pairing it with cherries, raspberries, or cinnamon. You can also add cacao nibs for a crunchy topping or mix into your cold drink.
- Chia Seeds. Like hemp, these small-but-mighty seeds pack protein, fiber, and omega-3s. For the best consistency, blend your smoothie right before you plan to drink it instead of making it ahead of time.
- Goji Berries. Like honey or maple syrup, these red-orange berries will add some sweetness to your smoothie. The difference? There’s an added hit of nutrition. Try soaking goji berries in water overnight before draining and adding them to the blender with your other ingredients.
- Maca. This cream-colored powder has long been used in South America to balance hormones, boost energy and sex drive, reduce feelings of anxiety and depression, and help with focus. Maca tastes slightly nutty and sweet, so it goes with just about any other smoothie ingredient you can imagine.
- Turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, an anti-inflammatory compound that could help relieve pain caused by sore or achy joints. Blend turmeric powder with coconut milk, frozen banana, and warming spices like ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper to make a golden milk smoothie.
- Collagen. You might already know that collagen is the protein that promotes smooth, supple skin. Collagen is like the white button-down shirt of the superfood world. That means it works with virtually any ingredient combo.
- Maqui. This dark purple powder boasts more antioxidants than fruits like acai berries, blueberries, pomegranates, or blackberries. Add a scoop of maqui anytime you’re looking for a smoothie with a rich, dark berry flavor. It tastes like a concentrated form of blueberries or blackberries.
- Camu Camu. This pale orange powder is loaded with vitamin C. Try a scoop of camu camu when you’re in the mood for a drink with a refreshing, not-too-sweet taste. It has a tart berry flavor that complements strawberries, raspberries, and citrus fruits.
- Matcha. Since matcha powder is a highly concentrated form of green tea, it’s loaded with antioxidants like ECGC. Toss it like magical green fairy dust into everything you put in your body. (Just kidding—too much caffeine in there for that!) It pairs well with lots of flavors, but it’s great with coconut, blueberry, or raspberry.
Some great information and advice there, that is all for today, I don`t know about you but I am off to make myself a delicious smoothie! See you soon, and of course for all the very best food ingredients contact Global Foods Ltd on 0161 660 3380.