As we supply premium quality organic coconut flour to our customers we thought we would share with you some of the health benefits of this excellent alternative to wheat flour. Here are extracts from an article on the Dr Axe website earlier this year which goes through many of the benefits of organic coconut flour:
Coconut Flour Growing In Popularity
“Coconut flour is growing in popularity as more people discover the many health benefits of coconut flour nutrition, in addition to its many uses as a delicious, gluten-free and beneficial alternative to other flours.
“What do you need to know about coconut flour nutrition? It is high in fiber, protein and healthy fats and free from wheat and other grains. It is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories. Plus, this flour has a low score on the glycemic index.
“This makes it a favorite among Paleo dieters, gluten-free eaters — including those with celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity — those with digestive problems like leaky gut syndrome, anyone with a nut allergy, those with diabetes, vegetarians and just about everyone else in between.
“In reality, coconut flour is not actually “flour” in the way we normally think of it. It contains zero grains and consists of 100 percent pure coconut meat.”
6 Health Benefits Of Organic Coconut Flour
- It aids metabolism in a positive way due to its high level of MCT`s.
- It is high in fiber which can help prevent or relive constipation.
- It helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels due to it being low in carbohydrates.
- The high fiber content is also an aid in helping to lower bad cholesterol.
- Research links high intakes of dietary fiber, such as you find in coconut flour, with a reduced risk of developing coronary heart disease as well as dying from the disease.
- Organic coconut flour is free from gluten and so the perfect solution for people who require a gluten free diet.
So if you would like a supply of organic coconut flour, either as a one off or on a regular basis, please give our offices a call on 0161 660 3380 and we will be delighted to help you.