Food Trends In 2017
Today in our blog we are going to look at the food trends in 2017, what has been hot and what has been not so hot, along with what are likely to be future trends in the second half of the year.
There has been a big move towards finding the greatest superfoods to consume to guarantee supreme fitness and health. Of course there is no food on earth that can guarantee you will stay fit and healthy, there are far too many other factors to consider, however the food we eat on a daily basis can go a long way to improving our overall health.
Superfoods We Love
Some of the superfoods that seem to be on everyone`s lips at this moment in time are products such as quinoa, coconut oil, kale, avocado and chia seeds.
- Quinoa is a food rich in protein and fiber, and which also contains good quantities of iron, manganese, riboflavin and magnesium.
- Coconut oil can be added to so many dishes and drinks, and is good for the heart, the brain and the digestive system to name but three.
- Kale is a leafy food that is low in calories but high in iron, fiber, various vitamins and has antioxidants in its make up along with anti-inflammatory properties. Kale chips and kale crackers are beginning to proliferate as this vegetable gets the attention it deserves.
- Avocado`s are filled with fats but they are healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which can be great for the cardiovascular system. They are also packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Chia seeds are power packed little seeds that contain fiber, iron and calcium and are rich in antioxidants.
The Popularity Of Purple Foods
Purple foods have become very trendy in 2017. Foods such as aubergines, grapes, plums, blueberries, purple cabbage, asparagus and purple cauliflower etc. Foods that are purple are normally packed with nutrients and antioxidants which makes them a very attractive proposition to the health conscious among us.
There has also been a move towards good quality meat as people become more suspicious of some of the sub-standard meat that can sometimes be found on certain supermarket shelves. Good quality, grass-fed meat has shown a great increase in sales.
Fiber In Our Diet
A lot of attention has been on getting plenty of protein in our diets and moderating the amount of carbs we consume but it looks like we are going to be seeing a big push towards incorporating more fiber into our food regime. There are many positives to be gained from eating a high fiber diet. It is good for your digestive system, it can aid weight loss and you stay fuller for longer.
Gluten Free Food Products
Gluten free foods have surged in popularity, with many celebrities pointing the way and promoting a gluten free regime. We believe that the trend will continue but that gluten free products will become healthier with more nutrients and real food incorporated into them.
These are some of the main food trends in 2017. All the above can be supplied by us here at Global Foods & Provisions Ltd so if you would like a quote please give us a call on 0161 660 3380.