I was alerted to an excellent article the other day on the benefits of adding chia seeds to your daily diet. In the article in Jen Reviews it gives us information on 15 different health benefits you get from consuming chia seeds and then it has 8 delicious chia seed recipes you can try out.
Here are the 15 chia seeds health benefits according to the article:
- Chia seeds are a nutrient rich, yet low calorie food.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and help keep you full.
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants.
- Chia seeds are a good source of protein.
- Chia seeds are high in Omega-3`s.
- Chia seeds help you lose weight.
- Chia seeds are excellent for heart health.
- Chia seeds support good bone health.
- Chia seeds replenish the body after a workout.
- Chia seeds help regulate blood sugar.
- Chia seeds support HDL cholesterol.
- Chia seeds support digestive health.
- Chia seeds are safe during pregnancy.
- Chia seeds have high vitamin and mineral content.
- Chia seeds are easy to incorporate with other foods.
A Small Seed With A Poweful Punch
It really is quite amazing how such a small seed can have so many wonderful properties. And the good thing about adding them to your diet is that they only have a mild, maybe slightly nutty flavour, so that they can be added to numerous dishes without them having any great effect on the overall flavour.
The article we mentioned has 8 recipes with chia seeds included and I particularly like the sound of Honey Lemon Chia Seed Muffins and Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats! If you want to go direct to the article here is that link again: Chia Seeds Benefits & Recipes
Don`t forget if you require any supplies of chia seeds or indeed any other nuts, seeds or pulses, we have a wide range available here at Global Foods & Provisions Ltd. For more information please give us a call on 0161 660 3380.